Saturdays - 10:00am to 12:30pm
Come join us at the farm for our weekly Youth Garden Activities. Every Saturday the whole family can enjoy gardening, crafting, and preparing food together in the Youth Garden. Participating in our Youth Garden Activities is a great way to spend time with your children while exploring the garden, learning about healthy lifestyle choices, and discovering the exciting processes of the natural world - not to mention making new friends. This is a unique opportunity to get your hands dirty and become better stewards of the environment as a family.
Youth Garden Activities’ Schedule
- Join us for a garden walk to see what there is to see. We’ll learn about the plants growing and make observations along our walk through the garden.
- Next, we’ll garden together. Activities may include weeding, watering, planting seeds, working in our little greenhouse, et cetera.
11:00-11:45pm-Projects and Games
- We have some fun projects and games in store for the whole family! We’ll get creative, explore, and learn while having fun in the garden.
- We’ll clean-up in the garden and harvest some greens to feed our chickens.
Noon-12:20pm-Visit the Chicken
- During this time, you’re welcome to feed the chickens some tasty greens from the garden, hold a chicken, and help us look for eggs.
- After we visit the chickens, we’ll wash up for our potluck lunch. We encourage everyone to stay and join us for our potluck lunch.
Our Youth Garden Activities are held during our Saturday volunteer workday, and the farm can get very busy; we ask that there be one adult for every two children, and that guardians accompany their child at all times. We want to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone. Joining us for our Youth Garden Activities is free of cost, and donations are gladly accepted for supplies and resources. All parents or guardians must fill out a liability waiver on behalf of themselves and their children. Feel free to print and fill out the liability waiver ahead of time, or fill out the waiver when you sign-in in the Youth Garden.
We look forward to exploring and discovering with you and your children out at the farm!
Veggielution Community Farm is located in Emma Prusch Farm Park. Once you enter the park from King Road, follow the hand-painted signs toward the back parking lot. The Youth Garden is a fenced area just opposite the red farm stand. See you in the garden soon!