- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound bulk chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 poblano peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chorizo in hot oil until completely browned and broken into small pieces, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir rice, onion, 1/4 cup taco sauce, Cheddar cheese, and cumin with the chorizo until evenly mixed.
- Fill poblano pepper halves with the chorizo mixture; place in a small casserole dish or a pie pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon taco sauce over each pepper. Pour water into the bottom of the dish; cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until peppers are tender, about 1 hour.