Internship Position: Field Trip Assistant
DURATION: 15-20 hours/week, October 2017 through December 2017
Veggielution seeks a Field Trip Assistant(s) to assist in hosting middle school student groups participating in our Eastside Explorers field trip program. Eastside Explorers incorporates farm-based and nutrition education activities centered around collaborative group tasks focused on cooking and nutrition, human impacts, and ecological interconnections in our unique outdoor setting. This position will work collaboratively with the Community Engagement Program Manager to provide students with a comprehensive and engaging visit. S/he must work well independently to lead student groups and connect with the community. The Veggielution Field Trip Assistant(s) will refine teaching and leadership skills, while receiving mentorship. This is a paid internship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate activity stations during field trips.
- Translate for participants from English to Spanish, when needed.
- Set up and clean up activity stations; ensuring a safe and clean environment.
- Form and maintain healthy relationships with teachers and administrative staff, students, and parents in East San Jose.
- Bilingual/biliterate Spanish-English.
- Must be able to work Tuesday through Thursday (8am to 2pm) when classes are scheduled.
- Experience in outdoor/nutrition education.
We encourage you to forward this announcement to others who may be interested.
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume via e-mail at: email@example.com