DID YOU KNOW...? FUN FACTS!
- Bell peppers are part of the nightshade family. This diverse group of plants also includes potatoes, tomatoes, and eggplant!
- Bell peppers come in a wide variety of colors, from the more common green, red, and yellow peppers, to the rarer purple and brown peppers.
- Due to a lack of capsaicin, bell peppers do not taste spicy. Capsaicin is the compound found in most peppers that creates a hot flavor.
- Bell peppers are an excellent source of Vitamins C and E, especially red ones!
- Bell peppers contain many carotenoids, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.