Azteca / Mexica New Year
Saturday and Sunday March 15 and 16
Our friends at Calpulli Tohnaleque have organized this years Azteca Mexica New Year, one of the largest gatherings of Azteca, Mexica, and other indigenous groups in California. Come and see dancers from various California tribes, as well as many Azteca and Mexica ceremonies. There will be kids activities, workshops and many art's and crafts vendors of all types.
Garden-Enhanced Nutrition Education Workshop
Saturday March 22, 9:00am - 3:30pm
The Garden-Enhanced Nutrition Education (GENE) workshop is for California educators interested in using existing school gardens to enhance nutrition education for children and youth, and promote the consumption of fruits and vegetables. Activities are drawn from curricula for grades K-7, and can be adapted for grades 8-12.
Participants of the GENE workshop will:
• Recognize how garden-enhanced nutrition education promotes the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables and healthy lifestyles.
• Understand how to use an edible garden to engage young people in hands-on nutrition education activities.
• Learn tools and strategies for involving children and youth in safe food handling and preparation in a garden, kitchen, or classroom.
• Learn how to plan for an edible harvest.
• Become familiar with resources related to garden-enhanced nutrition education.
• Network with others involved in garden-enhanced nutrition education around relevant topics, such as funding, policy, and best practices.
There is a $10 suggested donation, but no one will be turned away for a lack of funds. All proceeds from the workshop will go toward supporting our educational program.
Art in the Garden
Every 1st Saturday of the month, 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Free Class with supplies included! Our resident artists Pamela and Joseph, guide participants in an exploration of line, color, contour, and much more. With an exceedingly inspiring environment to draw from, artists of all ages and skill levels have the opportunity to grow and cultivate their skills. Art in the Garden is free to the public. We invite you to come on out and get creative at the farm!
No sign up necessary. Free Class with supplies included! Our resident artists Pamela and Joseph, guide participants in an exploration of line, color, contour, and much more!
Yoga on the Farm
Every 3rd Saturday of the month, 9am-10pm
Upcoming Dates: Saturday March 15th and Saturday April 19th
Our Friends at Be the Change Yoga and Wellness Center have partnered with us to offer Yoga on the Farm every month. Join us for various styles of Yoga taught by some of BTC Yoga's own instructors. Meet in the Pavilion area behind our farmstand. Suggested Donation: $10